Breathing is a natural process of the body and Pranayama is a part of breathing. Pranayama is helpful for your mental and physical health. In pranayama, you control the frequency of breath. Pranayama is a Breathing Yoga. It provides proper oxygen to the body and connects your body and mind.
1.Helps better sleep
Pranayama exercises improve sleep quality and reduce insomnia. Practice pranayama regularly and consistently before going to bed. Before you sleep, do Bhramari pranayam and feel very relaxed. This pranayama keeps your body calm and enhances better sleep. It also decreases snoring.
2. Lungs function improves
Breathing exercise, the slow, forceful breathing of pranayama can improve your lung’s functions.
Pranayama is a type of yogic breathing. It can be used as a lung strengthening to treat many lung diseases like asthma, post pneumonia, allergic bronchitis, and tuberculosis, etc.
3. Reduces stress
In this generation, teenagers are getting stress easily. Pranayama activity can reduce stress, yoga is also helpful for it. When you do the breathing process you focus your mind and breath. It feels very relaxing and helps you to stay stress-free.
4. Improves mindfulness
you need to be aware of your breathing and it feels during pranayama. You also practice focusing on the present time, instead of the past or future. It is known as mindfulness. During pranayama, your brain gets more oxygen and all the thoughts process gets stopped and only focuses on breathing.
5.Controls high blood pressure
When you concentrate on your breathing, it can help calm your nervous system. This, in turn, may help reduce your stress response and risk of hypertension.
It reduces blood pressure when you concentrate on your breathing. It is very useful to calm the nervous system. Do pranayama to find out how to calm your nervous system and we can face the challenges, uncertainty, and awareness.
6. Improves Immune system
It improves our respiratory system. and focuses on our breath. Every day these cells fight the battle with outside threats and intruders to keep us safe and strong. A healthy immune system can defeat any disease.
7. Glows Your skin
Pranayama makes your skin glow. when you breathe, your all body cells get energetic and your body cells get refreshed and your skin glows.
8.make feel you are young
If you do pranayama you feel very enthusiastic and younger. Yoga and Pranayama may make your body pose always fit when you do it regularly.
9. Energize the body and mind and stabilize mood
It removes the long term anxiety, depression, stress, insomnia and increases awareness and focus. Slowly breathing keeps your mind calm and gradually you get stability in your body and mind.
10.Improves digestive system
Breathing is the solution to many diseases. Practicing every day of pranayama makes your digestive system strong. vajrasana is very beneficial for the strong digestive system.
11.Increase the respiratory system
The continuing practice of pranayama improves your lung function. It is also very beneficial for diseases like asthma. Pranayama is the process of breathing and the respiratory system is also a breathing process.
12. Makes your mind meditate
Pranayama is the best way to meditate yourself. The breathing process is very effective for it. It increases focus and concentration in you. It is very especially beneficial for students and their studies.
Types of Pranayama
1.Bhramari pranayama (bee breath)
- It is the best breathing exercise for concentrating your mind.
- It relief from frustration, anxiety, anger, or agitation.
3. Beneficial for relieving hypertension and stress.Beneficial effect on the nervous system.
- It reduces stress from your mind and relaxes your mind.
- It helps to control anger and frustration.
- Increases your learning memory.
How to do
2. Take a deep breath then block your ears with your finger.
3.After it makes a humming sound like a bee while exhaling.
2.Kapalbharti pranayama (Skull shining breath)
- It’s very helpful for digestion and acidity problems.
2. Beneficial for belly fat loss.
3. Helps to remove a blockage in the heart and lungs.
4. Provides blood supply properly.
5. Kapalbharti activates the brain cells and improves memory.
6. Gives a natural glow to your skin.
How to do
3.Anulom & Viloma Pranayama
1.Helpful for blood circulation
2.maintains digestive system
3.maintain constipation problems
4.Decreases stress, anxiety and depression
5.supplies pure oxygen in the body.
6.makes healthy your heart.
7.controls blood pressure.
- Helps to Think Positive Thoughts.
How to do
- Select a peace area and sit in padmasana or sukhasana on the mat.
- First, close your eyes and sit straight properly.
- Now close your right nostril with your right thumb and take a deep breath.
4.After it, pause a breath one second and remove your thumb from the right nostril and keep the middle finger on the left nostril and exhale from the right nostril.
- Do it 10-15 times.
Ujjayi pranayama is known as hissing breath, victorious breath. It is the process of inhalation and exhalation.
- Ujjayi pranayama decreases stress.
- It improves concentration and focus.
- Releases tensions.
- You feel awareness around you.
- Improves memory power.
How to do
3.take exhalation and then start inhaling slowly.
- Continue inhaling for a few seconds.
- It improves the Digestive system.
- It’s beneficial for asthma patients.
- Improves the blood pressure of the body.
4.it keeps the Strong immunity system and keeps a healthy body and mind.
5. It clears the toxins from your upper body.
- It is beneficial for the nervous system and the motor system.
- Helpful for people with depression and stress.
How to do
1.Sit in Padmasana or Sukhasana.
- Take a deep breath and fill the air in your lungs.
- Then throughout all the breath.
- Practice it inhaling and exhaling forcefully.
- Practice it 15 to 20 times.
- Shitali Pranayama keeps your mind calm and cool.
- This Pranayam is beneficial for high blood pressure people.
- It improves the digestive system.
How to do
1.Sit in comfortable Padmasana, keep your hands on knees, and close your eyes.
- Now roll up your tongue and shape it as a tube.
- Then Inhale by the tongue.
- Take your tongue inside and close the mouth.
- Slowly exhale through the nostrils.
- Practice this process 5 to 6 times.
Dirga Pranayama helps to decrease stress and anxiety levels through the oxygen supply.
- It helps to meditate yourself.
- Through this pranayama you get awareness.
- It provides inner peace to the mind that is effective for the Mental level, Physical level, spiritual level, and the emotional level.
- It gives better sleep.
- Beneficial for the digestive system and balance the hormones.
- Gives happiness and mindfulness.
- Better energy levels
How to do
1. First, sit in a sukhasana or Padmasana and relax your body.
2. Start exhaling and inhaling the process.
3.After it starts a deep in and out breathing process.
4.On inhaling fill your belly upper side with your breath.
5. On every exhale breathe out all the breath from the belly through the nose.
- Do this process continuously 5-6 times in a day.
1.Plavini Pranayama improves blood pressure.
2.Improves the energy level of the body
3.Helpful for the digestion process.
- This removes toxins from the body.
How to do
- Sit in Padmasana, sukhasana, or Vajrasana and aligned in one straight your back, neck, and head.
- Now take a deep breath and fill the air in your lungs.
- After Inhalation lock your chin from your chest or make the Jalandhar pose.
- Now release from Jalanandhar pose and exhale the air from the abdomen.
- It is Platini Pranayama. Do it’s practice 4-5 times.
image source google